The organic produce of the Alqueria is not only used in our kitchen and restaurant but can also be bought by our visitors who wish to take away with them a reminder of their stay with us.
- The red and white wines made in our winery can be sampled in the bar and restaurante. All our wines are available for sale.
- OLIVE OIL:
Cold pressed from our organically cultivated olives we offer an excellent virgin oil. Try it on your breakfast toast, after a walk around the garden.
- HYPERICUM/ST JOHN’S WORT OIL:
Made from the flowers of the plant hypericum perforatum, picked around St John’s day (24 June). The flower heads are mascerated then steeped in olive oil. The healing property of the oil has been documented for centuries and is specially recommended as a massage oil, for dry skin and to soothe sunburn.
- We have printed a wide range of the photographs we have taken over the years; of the mountains, and surrounding countryside, as well as of the many special architectural and decorative features of the Alqueria. We hope you will like to send them, and keep some to remind you of your stay.
- Copies have been printed of the historic Map of the Alpujarra illustrated by Manolo Gil. It is well known for its reproduction of the churches drawn for the census of the Marquis de la Ensenada.
- Two books cover the GR-7 and GR-142 routes, both by Mariano Cruz. Since their publication many other paths have been waymarked by local councils and cultural associations which give our visitors the very best opportunity to explore and enjoy the countryside.
- Daily Cooking in the Albaicin by Mariano Cruz, published by the Alqueria de Morayma, takes us into the kitchen of an old Albaycin (famous UNESCO protected barrio in Granada opposite the Alhambra) house, explaining not only the gastronomy with its wonderful collection of old recipes, but also the characteristic domestic details that made up a lifestyle unique in Andalucia.